The Supergen Bioenergy Hub aims to bring together industry, academia and other stakeholders to focus on the research and knowledge challenges associated with increasing the contribution of UK bioenergy to meet strategic environmental targets in a coherent, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
Our objectives as a hub are as follows:
- To act as a focal point for sharing and dissemination of scientific knowledge and engineering understanding to facilitate near-term deployment of technologies.
- To investigate and develop new approaches for dealing with the very significant engineering challenges associated with deployment of more novel technologies.
- To improve scientific understanding of the fundamental aspects of different forms of biomass and its conversion.
- To take a whole-systems perspective to comprehensively evaluate the potential of future technology options.
- To adopt an interdisciplinary approach to look beyond the technical aspects of bioenergy and ensure consideration of the impacts on ecosystems, social responses to technology deployment and the economic context of policy development.
Management of the Supergen Bioenergy Hub is undertaken by the Core Management Group (CMG) comprising of representatives from each of the core academic institutions plus the chair of the advisory board. More information on the CMG can be found here.
The SUPERGEN Bioenergy Hub builds on research undertaken by the SUPERGEN Bioenergy II programme. For further details about the activities of SUPERGEN Bioenergy II, contact Emma Wylde at Aston University: firstname.lastname@example.org