Building a Sustainable European Biofuel Industry Conference - 4-6 November 2019, Gothenburg, Sweden
Registration is now open for ‘Building a Sustainable European Biofuel Industry’, a joint conference organised by Supergen Bioenergy Hub (UK), Bio4Fuels (Norway) and Renewable Transportation and Fuels (Sweden), taking place from 4 to 6 November in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The conference programme includes:
- Early career researcher forum
- Site visit to Volvo Trucks
- Introductions to the research hubs
- Plenary sessions on:
- Policy, industry and sustainability
- End use
- Parallel sessions on:
- Sustainable biomass resources
- Conversion technologies from biomass to sustainable biofuels
- Potential for biochemical and biomaterial by-products/alternatives
- Environmental and social impacts of European biofuel deployment
The conference will be supported by a special issue of the journal Biomass and Bioenergy.
Visit Eventbrite to register.
Hotel bookings can be made at the conference venue, Gothia Towers.
Call for abstracts
We welcome submission of abstracts for poster and oral presentations at the conference from academic, industrial and policy organisations. The abstract submission form is available to download below. Your abstract should include the following:
- Your proposed presentation title
- Whether you would prefer to give an oral or poster presentation
- Whether you wish your paper to be considered for the special edition of Biomass and Bioenergy that will accompany the conference
- Your preferred conference topic (sustainable biomass resources, conversion technologies from biomass to biofuels, biochemical and biomaterial by-products, environmental and social impacts)
- Name, affiliation and full contact details of the person making the presentation
- Names and affiliations of all other authors
- The main text of the abstract should describe the work you will be presenting, the context for its execution, the key areas of novelty and conclusions.
Abstracts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF files using minimum 11 point Arial font and can be up to two sides of A4, to include all the above information and any relevant diagrams or photographs. They will be reviewed by a scientific committee comprising representatives from the UK, Norway and Sweden. The abstracts will be scored on novelty, relevance and scientific quality and allocated to sessions accordingly.
The deadline for abstracts is 10 July.
Download Abstract submission form