This course combines classes, workshops and live demonstrations in a 1 MW bioenergy process plant for combined heat and power generation. You will be operating, monitoring and controlling a number of subsystems from the control room.
This course has been rated “outstanding” by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE):
“The course is well balanced between lecture and practical application. The opportunity to apply learning directly on a live plant is an outstanding innovation!”
“The practical sessions follow on from the technical lectures and look to be a very effective way of delivering the learning outcomes in a hands-on, interactive way.”
“From the high quality material and blend of learning methods, it is evident that this training is provided by a learning institution who understands the learning process as well as the technical content.”
Who will it benefit?
This course is primarily aimed at recent graduates and early-career professionals with design, operation, maintenance, procurement and safety responsibilities. It will also benefit experienced staff who are new to process engineering and scientists in other disciplines seeking to enter the process industry.
What will you learn?
You will get hands-on experience in a real process plant with a range of safety devices and emergency systems, plant utilities and different operating units:
- Solids handling, filtration and fluidisation
- Fluids transportation
- Heat transfer
- Gas absorption
- Heat and power generation
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Liaise with mechanical, electrical and control engineers using their jargon
- Apply multidisciplinary skills in troubleshooting engineering systems
- Read complex piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Read electrical schematics and simple single-line diagrams
- Be familiar with hardware and software involved in control systems
- Understand the integration of a control system, from inception to the site acceptance tests with the client
Energy and Bioproducts Research Institute, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
£1950 (includes all printed training materials, lunch and refreshments)*
*A 10% discount is available to all members of the Supergen Bioenergy Hub.
If you are interested in this course, please add your name to the waiting list.
Download the programmes below for full course details.
For further information, contact Martha Campos on 0121 204 5146 or email email@example.com.