EPSRC Engineering Net Zero Week
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Engineering Net Zero Week took place from 20 to 24 June, in Glasgow and online, with a showcase EPSRC-funded research that addresses the challenges linked to meeting 2050 net zero strategic targets.
The Supergen Bioenergy Hub hosted an exhibition stand at the event from 21 to 23 June.
- ‘Build your own biorefinery’ with our flip book game and digital platform – access the online game here or click on the image below.
- Take the ‘Towards net zero with biomass’ quiz. (the quiz is now closed)
- Tell us what you would like to see in a net zero future.
Marcelle McManus, Mirjam Roeder and Patricia Thornley took part in panel discussions at the showcase on Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 June.
- Whole System Approaches for Net Zero, 21 June, 1.05-1.55pm – Marcelle McManus
- Lifecycle and Embodied Emissions Considerations for Net Zero, 21 June , 2.05-2.55pm – Mirjam Roeder
- How EPSRC-Supported Research and Innovation Can Contribute to Net Zero Solutions, 22 June, 10.45-11.35am – Patricia Thornley
We ran a joint virtual event with the other research hubs from the EPSRC Supergen Programme on Wednesday 22 June from 3pm to 4.30pm. Access the webinar recording at the link below.
Supergen Bioenergy Hub Researchers’ Day and Early Career Researchers’ Forum
We also ran our annual networking and sharing meetings for hub researchers alongside the Engineering Net Zero Week in Glasgow!