Newton Fund fellowship opportunities
Two Newton Fund fellowship opportunities are due to open in early 2020: the International Fellowship and the Newton Advanced Fellowship.
Typically, all Newton partner countries are eligible to apply for the International Fellowships, while a select group of countries can apply for the Advanced Fellowship call.
Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry and engineering.
If you are working in the field of bioenergy and are interested in applying for these opportunities, please get in contact with us at email@example.com and we can help you to find the right partners or host for your application in the UK.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than seven years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist.
- To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD or equivalent research experience
- have less than 18 years of postdoctoral experience
- hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute, which must span the duration of the project.