The Vectors Topic Group looks at analysing and comparing the relative performance and impacts of different bio-based vector options to supply energy services. The work is led by Marcelle McManus, supported by Andrew Welfle.
Vectors to be examined include:
- Transport fuels
- Bio-SNG (bio-synthetic natural gas) and biomethane
Analysis will take into consideration:
- Greenhouse gases
- Fossil fuel depletion
- Environmental impacts
- National and regional resilience
- Health and wellbeing
The Vectors research will examine:
- What are the counterfactuals – how else might these services be supplied in the future?
- What characteristics should energy vectors exhibit?
- How could different bioenergy and/or conventional vectors be effectively integrated?
- What effect does the wider context have on the impacts of bioenergy options?
- How do environmental impacts vary with time and location?
- How do the benefits of different case studies (eg biomass gasification, biorefineries, power generation) compare to each other?
Get in touch
For more information and to work with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.